Did you use your Algbra card to buy presents over the Holidays and some of them never arrived or you’ve been sent the wrong item? We can help by raising a chargeback for you!
What can you do from here?
The first step, of course, is to contact the shop or merchant to ask for a refund. If you have tried that but have been unsuccessful, you can reach out to one of our experts who will raise a chargeback for you so we can try to help you to get your money back.
Chargebacks - the beginners guide.
In very simple terms, a chargeback is the process performed by your card issuer, after a customer disputes the transaction made on their card for goods or service. The card issuer will reach out to the merchant with evidence provided by the customer so that the payment amount is returned to a debit or credit card.
A chargeback can be raised to dispute a transaction if you find yourself in any of these situations (and in many others).
- The goods or services you have paid for have not been provided
- The goods or services you have paid for have are damaged or not as described
- An ATM provider did not dispense funds
- The merchant has charged you twice
- The merchant continues to charge you for a subscription you have cancelled
What do you need to provide for a chargeback claim?
The more evidence and documentation the better! If you have been unsuccessful obtaining a refund from the merchant, we will request specific documentation in line with Mastercard’s Rules and Regulations
In order for us to help you most effectively and for your claim to be successful, we need as much information as you can provide. This can include:
- Evidence that you have tried to resolve it directly with the merchant
- A detailed description of the goods or service you ordered
- Proof of purchase (ie a receipt or invoice)
- Evidence that what you received was damaged or not as described (ie a photo)
Our Dispute experts will help you every step of the way and will advise on exactly which documentation is needed.
If you don’t have all of the information required, don’t worry - still reach out to us with a Chargeback claim and we will see how we can assist.